Gates Underwater Products announces the AX700 / Z90 Underwater Housing
Supporting 3 new Sony cameras, the Gates AX700 / Z90 housing offers a suite of new features for the traveling enthusiast and working professional alike.
Gates Underwater Products – manufacturer of the world’s most reliable underwater housings – today announces the AX700 / Z90 Underwater Housing. A dedicated, purpose built motion imaging acquisition tool, the AX700 / Z90 carries forth key features of its workhorse predecessor AX100 including:
- Small, travel-friendly size, fitting into a backpack or carry-on case with space to spare;
- Precision zoom-through Wide Angle GP34A Port is matched to the built-in AX700 / Z90 12X zoom lens for both wide and macro imaging:
- Internal Color Correction Flip Filter assists with underwater color challenges;
- Direct access to all key controls including A/M Focus, Exposure (Iris / Gain / Shutter), Variable Rate Zoom, Record and ND Filter.
- Large window for the camera LCD, your big underwater viewfinder;
- All camera battery sizes are accommodated for hours or run time;
- A variety of accessories such as carry handle, tripod, and more.
- SAGA diopter accessory for flip-in super macro imaging (available from SAGA Dive).
“The Gates AX100 is my dive buddy. Several dives every day, 300+ days per year. It’s always there, a reliable companion.”
Unlike the AX100 however, the AX700 / Z90 Housing is designed for three new Sony cameras: FDR-AX700, HXR-NX80, and PXW-Z90 models. Support for all three brings professional caliber features to the AX700 / Z90 not found in DSLR or mirrorless systems.
- Several assignable buttons for functions like peaking, mode and exposure shift;
- Popular one-touch white balance via assignables.
- Fast Hybrid Auto Focus with Sony phase and contrast detection technologies;
- Multiple Auto Focus areas and modes including lock-on focus and auto subject tracking;
- 3G-SDI Surface Feed for topside viewing by the DP / AC or resort guests;
The Gates AX700 / Z90 bridges a wide range of customers like the marine researcher, dive resort pro, broadcast TV, military, recreational traveler, and natural history professional. Amateur to expert, the AX700 / Z90 is a proper video platform for those serious about motion imaging.
“Compact camcorder housings are versatile and flexible, offering opportunistic features critical to motion imaging professionals.”
Of course the AX700 / Z90 system is backed by Gates legendary service, 2 year renewable warranty and factory direct support. Durable, reliable, dependable – the hallmark of Gates since 1969.
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: Q1 2018
Since 1969, Gates Underwater Products has produced the world’s most reliable underwater imaging systems. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% mechanical controls, time-proven design methods, and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Gates housings are built to satisfy the most demanding applications. Commercial divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel all turn to Gates for the same reason: our "bulletproof" housings produce results 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That's why they say:
Don’t take a Chance….Take a Gates!