Choose your Lens Type
Chooose unit of measure
Enter length from mount to end of lens
|Port Extender||Port Ring|
|Recommended PE or PR FP80-8 Flat Port All Lenses|
|Recommended PE or PR SP80-8 or SP80-10 Dome Port Lens FL > 16mm / Best Image Quality|
|Recommended PE or PR SP80-8 or SP80-10 Dome Port Lens FL < 16mm / Compact Size|
- Determine length of lens from mount to end of lens in inches (IN) or millimeters (MM). This can be obtained by measurement, lens specifications or other manufacturers data.
- Identify Mount type: PL, Canon EF, or Nikon F
- Type lens length into appropriate box.
- The calclulator will return a Port Extender or Port Ring recommendation for use with Flat and Dome ports.
Notes on PE / PR Recommendations
- Image quality testing is necessary for any lens when used with either a Flat or Dome Port.
- “Best Image Quality” PE / PR recommendation is based on experience and user feedback regarding dome placement with respect to lens entrance pupil.
- “Compact Size” recommendation is based on experience with dome placement using a shorter PE / PR that results in smaller overall housing size yet retains image quality
- “LENS TOO LONG” means the lens length is too long for any single PE or PR. Contact Gates for other options.