Gates Underwater Products announces Pro Explore Underwater Housing
Cinema to commercial, Natural History to enthusiast, Pro Explore delivers comprehensive features for the traveling underwater professional.
Gates Underwater Products – manufacturer of the world’s most reliable underwater housings – today announces the Pro Explore Underwater Housing. A dedicated, purpose built motion imaging acquisition tool for the RED DSMC2 platform, Pro Explore breaks barriers in underwater high resolution 8K imaging in a compact, travel-friendly rig.
Pro Explore Key Features include:
- Expedition ready, Pro Explore packs tight and travels light.
- Latched rear shell for fast media / battery change;
- Full Camera and Lens management via housing controls and REDMOTE Controller
- Tailored design for the RED DSMC2 for the finest user experience, including 14 assignable buttons to access *anything* on the camera;
- Compact PL and all DSLR lenses readily supported;
- Diverse V-Lock battery support including REDBRICK, Blueshape, and the popular travel friendly SWIT 8192-S 192 WHr split battery;
- 60 and 80 series port compatibility;
- Stackable Port Rings (SPR’s) cover a wide range of lenses with one base set;
- Surface SDI and Gig-E options for topside DP viewing or AC camera control;
- Surface, close-range wireless connectivity with foolcontrol;
“While Pro Action is perfect for high intensity, fast action situations, I needed a dedicated rig for my type of shooting on Helium 8K. Pro Explore is it. Control, flexibility, size. And a Gates…of course.”
Like all Gates professional systems, you get the works. Pro Explore housing price includes numerous items like RT47 External Monitor housing (with shade extension), Seal Check Lite, woven carry lanyard, tether points, spare kit, tool kit, interface cables, and more. Port and SPR’s are ordered a la carte to fit your lens(es) of choice and application.
Pro Explore is well considered for accessories, like:
- GT14 underwater lights. 14,000 lumens, 90 CRI and 5000K color temperature;
- Light bar offering a variety of light mounting options using the Ultralight Control System;
- Support for Gates RT7 and RP5 External monitor housings;
- Cheeseplates for mounting to poles, booms or your own rigging;
“Gates is part of my production team. I count on Gates to be there when needed. Tech support, parts, whatever – response is fast and experienced.”
Pro Explore is a Gates through and through. Durable, reliable, ‘bulletproof’. And backed by Gates legendary factory direct service and 2 year renewable warranty. Only Gates offers this level of commitment to your success.
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: Q4 2017
Since 1969, Gates Underwater Products has produced the world’s most reliable underwater imaging systems. Using ‘bulletproof” machined aluminum, 100% mechanical controls, time-proven design methods, and state-of-the-art manufacturing, Gates housings are built to satisfy the most demanding applications. Commercial divers, imaging professionals, marine researchers, salvage operators and military personnel all turn to Gates for the same reason: our "bulletproof" housings produce results 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. That's why they say:
Don’t take a Chance….Take a Gates!