Gates STO Training – Miami – 21/22 March 2017
The next Gates STO Training course will be right after Cinegear LA.
Instructor: Ron Lagerlof, seasoned professional underwater RED shooter
Guide / Advisor: Sean Ruggeri, RED Guru and professional underwater cameraman
Support Crew: John Ellerbrock
Becoming a successful underwater professional requires several distinct skill sets including SCUBA Diving competence, underwater imaging experience, and underwater equipment familiarity. Gates STO Training focuses on the later, providing a curriculum of knowledge on the Setup, Test and Operation (STO) of Gates professional underwater imaging systems.
The course goals are:
- Proficiency in the setup of Gates underwater cinema housings;
- Familiarity with on-location test tools and techniques for establishing housing seal integrity;
- Basic operation of Gates underwater housings;
- Camera specific considerations for the underwater medium: color, light, filtration and more.
- Tips / tricks to assist the underwater cameraman / DP; and
- Practical understanding of underwater optics: Port types, optical materials, selection and application
The Gates STO Training Certification sends the student forth as a Gates Ambassador with a resume skill to help secure work on TV / Cinema / Natural History productions, which of course benefit by avoiding downtime due to untrained equipment operators.
Course Fee for Professionals: $450
Course Fee for Students (with ID): $225
Register here: Gates STO Training Cinegear LA 5/6 June 2017